Film and Video Production 12
First Semester and Second Semester
Film and Video Production 12 will allow students to experience the art of developing a concept and creating a finished video based on traditional filmmaking techniques. Students learn to be members of a production team, how to assume all the roles that are critical in the creation of a video.
This course is divided into four modules: Fundamentals, Production Team Skills, Film Industry and Careers, and, Film Development and Production.
Course Additional Information
The audiovisual components of this course are designed to work with a range of devices and software. Students will need tools from the following categories:
· Access to Google Workspace for Education (GNSPES/SEPNE) or other productivity software.
· A laptop or desktop device with Windows, Mac, or Chrome OS (see software information below).
· A webcam and headset with microphone. · A device to record video and audio and a way to transfer the files to editing software. A tripod and compatible external microphone are recommended.
· Video editing software (ex. Adobe Premier Pro (recommended – Windows or Mac), iMovie (Mac/iOS), WeVideo (Windows, Mac or ChromeOS))
· Audio editing software (ex. Audacity (Windows or Mac), GarageBand (Mac/iOS), WeVideo (Windows, Mac, or ChromeOS))
School Contacts should check with their Regional NSVS Registrar to confirm current hardware and software requirements, compatibility, and availability for this course.